Monday, November 28, 2016

Let's Talk: All about MY natural hair


 So, I have been receiving many questions about my hair's growth and the products that I use. Before I get into what I use, I wanted to do a little background on my hair first. I decided to go natural October 5, 2012. I began transitioning with kinky twists for several months before accepting health over length, no longer clinging to my damaged hair I finally grew tired of dealing with the two different textures, that's when I decided to big chop. I had at least 3 to 4 inches of hair after I big chopped, now in 2016, I have about 11 inches of hair from just keeping my hair regimen very simple.
 

My natural hair journey has definitely been a learning experience full of trial and error. Regardless, I did my research and paid close attention to my hair's wants and needs and these are the products that I use on the daily basis: 

Shampoo: Through my journey, I have learned that without a clean and healthy scalp your hair will not be able to retain any length. The shampoo that my hair loves is the Shea Moisture 10-in-1 renewal shampoo. I love this shampoo because it cleanses my hair and scalp without stripping my hair of it's moisture. It's also a plus that this shampoo is sulfate- free!
$10.59

   When it comes to styling my hair and keeping my hair moisturized I follow the L.O.C method. L- Liquid (water) or Leave-In, O- Oil, C- Cream. The liquid or the leave-in is to put moisture into your hair while the oil is supposed to keep the moisture sealed into your hair. Lastly, the cream is only used for styling purposes being that my go-to style is a twist-out.

I purchase most of hair products from the Camille Rose Naturals line. I stick by these products because my hair responds very well to them and also I know that most of the ingredients in these products are NATURAL. I try to avoid putting products in my hair that contains harsh chemicals.



 $13.99
Leave In: Camille Rose coconut water leave-in detangling hair treatment.


Target- $6.99



Oil: I use extra-virgin olive oil to lock in
the moisture of my hair. I have used olive oil since I first began my natural hair journey so this is definitely my staple.

















(left to right) Camille Rose Almond Jai twisting butter- $15.29, Camille Rose Moisture Milk- $13.59, Camille Rose Algae Renew Deep conditoner- $17.99
Cream: I use the Camille Rose Curl Love Moisture Milk and the Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter. There's no particular reason why I use two different creams I just simply like them both. Both are great for moisture and maintaining styles.

Deep Conditioner: As you can tell the key to natural hair is MOISTURE and deep conditioning is a must for my curly tresses. I use the Camille Rose Algae Renew Deep Conditioner.


I hope this helps those who have been asking me about what I use in my hair. I would also like to add that these are products I have purchased with my own money and I have been using these products for years. I am not saying these products are the cause of my hair's growth, these are just products that help me retain length. There is a DIFFERENCE between hair growth and length retention. If you are considering going natural, it's best that you find which products work well WITH your hair. Most importantly, going natural is an all around learning experience so enjoy all steps of your journey and never be discouraged! If this was helpful to you make sure you share, comment (yes, I am friendly^_^), and Follow!  Also, stay tuned for my next blog post on my tips on keeping your hair healthy to ultimately retain length. Until next time. -Keke

No comments:

Post a Comment