Friday, January 27, 2017

Underestimation IS key!

"I've always wondered why me? What was it about me to make people brush me off or disregard my entire being? I have always viewed myself in the brightest light because I truly know who I am and what I am capable of. What bothered me is that the next person didn't see what I saw..."

Finally taking action to follow your dreams is a very big step in life. You will soon notice that everyone will not believe in you and your abilities. In fact, many people will doubt your ability to excel in life. I don't necessarily know the reasoning behind this, but I'm sure there are more reasons than one. We all view ourselves in the brightest lights and it only takes one person who doubts us to ruin a portion of our self-esteem. In the past, I found it hard to relate when someone would tell me not to worry about what others thought of me. In moments of being underestimated, that is your only concern; what others think of you! I have tried to figure out why others don't see in me,what I see in myself. It was quite exhausting and hurtful even, but as time went on I've learned to stumble but never fall. Words can hurt sometimes but always pick yourself up!

 It's not you; It's them.The most important lesson to learn is that not everyone will see your potential. Expecting someone to see your potential can hurt you in the long run because you shouldn't expect anything from anyone! I'm a firm believer in just letting your work speak for itself. At times, people underestimate you simply because you don't meet their expectations. The most beautiful thing about life is expecting the unexpected. Some people have this image of what a talented or successful person looks and acts like- and you don't quite fit that image to them. You may believe that's your problem but it isn't- It's their problem! Successful people come in many different forms! Being yourself plays the biggest part in anyone's success so if we all looked and acted the same then individuality would no longer exist! 


Prove them wrong. There comes a point in life where you have to let those who doubt you continue to do so and just prove them wrong. Earlier, I said I couldn't relate to those who say  'don't worry about what others think' but now I can because I know the truth. We go through many different stages in life and I realize I wasn't in the stage that I am in now. You can't spend too much time caring about what someone says about you because if you do, you will have no time to focus on and accomplish your dreams! The truth of the matter is, people are always going to talk! I'm no stranger to being underestimated,and it honestly damaged my self-confidence. Now, it just activates my drive! When you truly know your destiny, nothing can stand in your way. It doesn't matter what others see in you, it's all about what you see in yourself; You control your own destiny! 

So why hasn't being underestimated stopped me from following my dreams? Simple. I've made it this far for a reason! My dreams matter to me so I...
Hoodie By: Maxxnn & Kooln Outfitters, LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment