Saturday, December 31, 2016

"Change is inevitable..."

Photo Taken by: Lauren Beard (Facebook: Lannette Photography)
 Since a new year is approaching, I have taken the time to really self-reflect. As any other year, 2016 was definitely full of ups and downs. This year wasn't always so positive, after all, this year I have encountered some really negative situations. But after having some time to myself to think, I have turned those negative situations into positive life lessons ( or inspiration if you may). In doing so, I have come up with some goals, and these goals are not just for 2017. These are goals that I want in incorporate into my everyday life to help me achieve my goal of becoming a better person.

#1: Be more positive!
- You can never go wrong by being MORE positive which is why this is number one for me. I am the type of person to plan things in advance so that they go smoothly- but in life, things don't always go as planned and that is when I stress myself out.  I have noticed that whenever I am in a stressful situation, I tend to freak out and think and speak negatively. In the future, I would really like to work on thinking more positively and speaking positivity into existence. When it comes to things not going my way, I would really love to be more receptive to it. I have to keep in mind that life is all about balance and stress KILLS!

#2: Never sell myself short!
- It's pretty much self-explanatory, I sell myself short. I lower my services all in efforts to not come off as rude. In the future, I would love to just stop doing that all around. I've come to learn that there is nothing wrong with charging for any service that you provide and you charging for your services doesn't make you a bad, mean, or rude person!

#3: Articulate myself better
- I am the first to admit that I am socially awkward so socializing with others was something I was never 'good' at. In result, whenever I am talking with someone who doesn't know me well, I could come off a certain way. I could come off as sassy, aggressive, anti-social, sarcastic, etc. and in reality, that was never my intention. Now, being socially awkward will never change for me and I don't want to change simply because that is who I am. But in the future, I would like to be better at letting that be known to others. 

#4: "No."
- For some reason, I have come to believe that saying no is wrong. I am the type of person who is always putting someone else's needs and wants above my own. I need to learn that I am not obligated to always go out my way and do something EVEN when I don't. It is definitely okay for me to say no and doing so doesn't make me a bad person!

#5- Be more independent!!
- I would like to be able to show more of my creative side and do my own thing! I no longer want to work towards someone else's dream; I want to focus on my own. I want to be able to create my own opportunities and be my own brand- and I don't care how long it takes! 

I am looking forward to the new year simply because I look forward to life as a whole. I am prepared for the good and the bad. I know that each day will teach me a new lesson and as long as I am learning, I am growing! I want to hear from you all, what are your goals for 2017?

No comments:

Post a Comment